my name is MARTINEZ

Living abroad has provided, and will constantly provide, me with enlightenment into society, culture, and myself. Being an elementary school teacher provides me with a story for every emotion. Being newly married will, I'm sure, provide me with interesting experiences. My name is Martinez...

Thursday, May 17, 2012

DIY necklace organizer

I made a thing to hold and hang my necklaces on.  Here is the short version of the process...

I found a piece of Styrofoam and cut it to a size I thought would be appropriate

These are the materials that I envisioned the final product to use.

I stapled and glued the cloth to the Styrofoam.  This held really good

Here you can see the beginning of my huge mess being created in the background. In the foreground are pushpins that indicate where the screws will go.

This was (what I thought was) the most difficult part of the project.  I had made the holes for the screws before putting the cloth of the base and then I cut a small slit with the scissors so the screw did not get caught in clothe while being pushed and twisted into position.

Finally, I glued buttons onto the heads of the screws to make it look cute!

Sadly, I had forgotten to make a specific plan for how to hang it on the wall.  here is my first attempt. it failed.  all the necklaces fell on the floor after about 30 seconds.

see??! it looks NICE!! right?!?!  it failed.  all the necklaces fell on the floor after about 30 seconds.

do you see something different? besides the fact that all the necklaces are hanging?

Yeah.  After three failed attempts with the first base and creation I had to start from scratch.  New everything. 

Here is the final product next to the earing hanger I also made.

No comments:

Post a Comment