my name is MARTINEZ

Living abroad has provided, and will constantly provide, me with enlightenment into society, culture, and myself. Being an elementary school teacher provides me with a story for every emotion. Being newly married will, I'm sure, provide me with interesting experiences. My name is Martinez...

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

movies and tv ruin my life...

...and maybe books too, i havent analized that one fully yet.
and its not just me.  there have been studies.
for example?
one example that pushed this idea and complaint to the forefront of my brain, is that romance had to be changed to a big "eshow" because of movies. did you know that it wasn't until movies debuted into pop culture that men had to get on one knee or devise the perfect proposal.  before that things were more simple.  A boy liked a girl and asked to call on her.  If she accepted they would sit in the parlor and hang out.  eventually when things advanced more he would just ask her.  and that would be it--engaged!  But then silent moved ad to make a big show of everything and instead of sitting parlors the guys took the girls to the moves and so on and so forth....romantic relationships became so complicated!
Essentially, even though we (and when I say "we" I mean "I") know that movies are not real, we dream of our life being like the good, sweet ones.  The disturbing or depressing ones impact our Psyche but we can write it off as being just a movie and thus simply "food for thought"  but if its too hard to think about we can chalk it all up to Hollywood.
It's all the the grey area of just a movie and based on something real.  Never will real life be like a movie because there cannot be full human character development.  that's where the movies can get tricky, if they have good writing and actors the character development simulates real human developed...
Anyway, I think I have a lot more to say on this but it might reveal some things about myself that I'm not ready for you, or the world, to know.  Basically, I analyze things too much.
...but what would I do if I stopped watching TV and movies?  Maybe someday I'll do an experiment and see what cutting those things out would do to my life.  but then I'd have to read books and wouldn't that be the same thing? huh- how's that for food for thought?

1 comment:

  1. Disney movies definitely ruined my idea of 'true love'. I now know that it's not always rainbows and butterflies (but in a good way)!

    ReplyDelete