my name is MARTINEZ

Living abroad has provided, and will constantly provide, me with enlightenment into society, culture, and myself. Being an elementary school teacher provides me with a story for every emotion. Being newly married will, I'm sure, provide me with interesting experiences. My name is Martinez...

Saturday, June 18, 2011

push play

My life has a concrete city, a city in which my husband lives, a city in which i have a job, a city that i will most likely not be leaving in the near future.  I am realizing more and more that this same city that i have called my place of residence for the past 3 years, has not at all been the place of my life for the past 3 years.  The past three years, i think my life has been on pause.  what, you say?  you mean exploring a new culture, beginning a career, making lifelong friends, getting engaged and married is what your life is like on pause?!   yes, i say, yes.  it has been a general pause, a very general pause, but a pause non the less.  I realized recently that now i have push play.  The dreams that i had when i came to mexico will have to be adjusted.  My life as i imagined it will have to being here and now, instead of there and then.
without meaning to i have been living in the future.  I have been thinking about what i would do once i finished this city.  but this city seems to not finish.
I used to be a relatively active person.  and i am happy to report that the pause that kept me inactive for the past 3 years seems to be in the play position now.
I'm teaching myself and researching all i can about how to really truely use PYP in my classroom.
I am making sure my students this year dont miss out on their last week of third grade.
I am planning and looking for the next living room/kitchen/bedroom that will be my house.
I am getting my life in order so that next year I do not live on my computer.
It's time, its overdue, push play.

No comments:

Post a Comment