my name is MARTINEZ

Living abroad has provided, and will constantly provide, me with enlightenment into society, culture, and myself. Being an elementary school teacher provides me with a story for every emotion. Being newly married will, I'm sure, provide me with interesting experiences. My name is Martinez...

Saturday, November 03, 2012

Month of Giving Thanks, Days 1-3

I have started and documented a few challenges here that were less than successful.  Maybe, I will keep this one up.... Maybe.  If anyone reads this and sees that I am forgetting a day let me know!

I have been recently working really hard on seeing the positive and not getting bogged down in negative talk.  I don't know why or how but I feel like since I moved to Mexico I have slowly and surely gotten more negative and allowed myself to complain too much.  I don't know if it is really outwardly apparent, but I just FEEL more negative than I used to be.  So, what better way than in the month of November, the month of Thanksgiving, to spend an entire 30 days being thankful for what I do have.  I will try not to repeat things.  I will not necessarily go in order of most important or meaningful.

Since it is already November 3, I will begin this post with 3 things I am thankful for:
1) I am thankful for days off school/work when I really need them
2) I am thankful for open-minded friends
3) I am thankful for hot water that comes out of the faucet

What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment